Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sunday, Feb. 14

Hi everyone. Happy Valentine's Day, if you're celebrating it. It's been raining here pretty much all day, with the exception of a few hours early this morning when I was at the gym. I also worked today, bringing my total hours for the week well above 60. I had a somewhat relaxed day though. I cleaned a few service tanks and then did a bunch of paperwork. The picture of me is up on my perch above the brewery floor, where my desk is located. It's a perfect spot to keep an eye on things that are going on. It also keeps people from slacking off if they know I'm up there. I can also see into my boss' office from here, so all in all it's a pretty stellar vantage point. This week was really busy and pretty productive. We had some equipment failures and one struggling fermentation, but things are good and everything is working as it should be. There's only so much you can control as a brewer and then you have to let science happen. My patience was tested far too many times this week. Next week looks to be pretty busy as well, but I am hopeful it will go a bit smoother than this one did. Anyhow, I get a day off tomorrow, which is cool. We were planning on going to the beach, but it looks like it's supposed to be cloudy with some scattered showers -- so, maybe not. Jess is doing good also. She hit the farmer's market today and picked up a bunch of great stuff. I think we're going to take it easy tonight. Hope everyone is well. Aloha.

No comments: