Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday, Feb. 11

Hi there. Howzit? Doing good here. I am really tired. Had a huge start to my work week and am now just catching my breath. On Monday, I picked up our Head brewer, Dave Campbell, who flew in from Oahu. We spent the day going over procedures in the brewery and getting things ready for our brew day on Tuesday. We brewed the first batch of Hawai'i Nui beer at the Hilo facility. The brew went well and fermentation should hopefully start by tomorrow morning. Dave stayed the night with us on Monday and I took him to the airport last night at about 8 p.m. During our brew on Tuesday, we were visited by several members of the Pabst Brewing Company. They came to evaluate The facility and give us the OK to start brewing Primo, which is a beer that originated in Hawai'i. Things went really well and at one point, I had two brewmasters with more than 30 years experience apiece standing on my brewhouse complimenting me on the vigorous nature of my boil. It was an honor, to say the least. The rest of the week will be busy and unfortunatley include a full day of work on Saturday. Jess is doing good and says she'll post a blog very soon. I've heard that before :)... Aloha.

No comments: