Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday, Dec. 19

Hey everyone... I posted a short video for you, sorry it's a bit dark. The lighting in here isn't exactly perfect for this sort of thing. Had a good day. I finished washing those old kegs and now they are ready for beer. That was a long, thankless process that I am glad is over. Being a brewer isn't always the most glamorous job, and I think a lot of people think we sit around drinking beer all day. At least for me, that's never been the case. The weather started to clear up here today in the late afternoon. It would be great if my last day on Kauai was nice and I could hit the beach for awhile. I can hardly believe I'm leaving here already. It's been an experience. I've got all my work done and my suitcase is basically packed. I'm pretty much ready for my second one-way Hawaiian-island flight. I've done all my Christmas shopping and to the best of my knowledge, it has all reached its various destination points. We have our address for the house in Hilo that you can start using after Jan. 1. Get in touch with one of us and we'll get you the information. This whole experience has been really crazy at times. I started feeling really comfortable here in Kauai about three weeks ago and now.... well, it's time to change again. For those of you who know me, I am not usually a big fan of such drastic changes. This job and this place has forced me to live way outside of my comfort zone and what I'm normally accustomed to dealing with. At times, I have hated it and felt really uncomfortable. That first night I spent sleeping in the camper in brewery parking lot was rough. I think I slept about 4 minutes that night. Everyone thinks that "It's Hawaii" what could go wrong? I can't argue that it's the most beautiful place I've ever lived and the weather and the beaches and the island-lifestyle-mentality are amazing, but I'm not on vacation here....This isn't a holiday... It's my life now. Tomorrow I am going to write a Kauai wrap up and post some thoughts about Hilo. Aloha.

No comments: