Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday, Dec. 1

Hey everyone. Howzit? Doing fine here. Had a pretty busy day today. We double filtered batches of our Sunset and Gold Ales. They are nice and clean and tasting good. We've been refining the hop additions in the beer for the last two batches and I think we're pretty close to nailing down a perfect balace of malt and hops. Hawaiian beer drinkers, not unlike you folks on the good old mainland, are pretty particular. If a beer is too hoppy or dark, etc -- they just won't drink it. So, we've got to pay attention to our market. At the same time, we've got to produce and make beers that we can stand behind as well. Well, I got the official word today....I start my first day of work in Hilo on Dec. 22. In addition to working with Hawai'i Nui Headbrewer Dave Campbell, I will be working with Calvin Shindo, brewer and General Manager, of Mehana Brewing Company. I am pretty excited to get over to Hilo and start learning my new system. I've got the majority of this one down, but things will be different on the Big Island. The owners of the house we are renting are moving back to the mainland on Jan. 12, but have offered to let me stay in the house starting Jan. 1. Looks like I'll be back in the Hilo Bay Hostel for a week or so. I certainly hope Claude and Veeder are long gone by then. I heard that it's snowing back in Michigan. Does anyone know a good remedy for a sunburn? Aloha.

No comments: