Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday, Dec. 10

Hey everyone. Howzit? Today was one of those days at work where nothing goes right. A piece of equipment broke just as we were getting ready to use it, so we had to do things differently and I am still ma hana (at work) and have been since 6 a.m. Looking forward to being pau hana (finished with work). Probably going to be another two hours as everything is moving painfully slow. Kinda like watching grass grow in slow motion. We've got some really strong trade winds right now, up to 35 mph gusts. Going to get some rain in the next few days, according to weather forecast. I was eating lunch at the Kalapaki Beach hut in Nawilliwilli yesterday and had the pleasure of sitting next to a couple of tourists from Idaho who really didn't like Hawaii. They actually said that they felt like they were in a third world country. I kept thinking, "Wait a minute, you're from Idaho, right?" Last I checked, Idaho was not exactly the most solid example of a fine-living state. I was shocked, they really hated it and couldn't wait to leave. I know that Hawaii is not for everyone, but I have honestly never heard anyone hate it sooo much. It was strange. I was happy when they finished their Aloha Burgers and hit the road. So, my filter is still going and by going, I mean barely moving. Looks like another few hours. Back to the fun. Aloha.

No comments: