Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday, Dec. 6

Hey everyone, Howzit? Doing fine here. Still a bit tired from the double brew days, but still managed to have a pretty busy day. I got up at 6 a.m. and went to the YMCA to work out. After that, I cleaned up and went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. Seeing as I am moving to Hilo soon, I figured that I should probably get the shopping taken care of and out of the way. It takes awhile for packages to get to you folks on the mainland. After a two-hour shopping session, I went back to the brewery and gave a tour to some folks from New Orleans. They were pretty nice, but were the "know-it-all" type. Apparently, they know everything I do and should probably be professional brewers. I might think twice about giving up time on my day off next time. Once I sent them on their way, I jumped in the truck and went to the beach for about three hours. The water was more than refreshing and the sun felt good. The waves on the east side of the island were small today, but the North Shore area was seeing sets at 24-30 feet. There was a picture of a surfer on the front page of the local paper cutting up the face of one these waves, pretty amazing image. I'm getting pretty good on the boogie board, but not good enough to ride waves that big. I've pretty much been bumming around for the rest of the evening, taking naps and eating veggie burgers. I am going to take tomorrow off as well, which will officially mark the first time since moving to Hawaii where I have had two days off in a row. I see myself working out in the morning and then spending the rest of the day at the beach. Oh and by the way, we did lock up our new house in Hilo. It's going to be great and is plenty big for visitors. First people to book their tickets to come see us will get extra special treatment and ocean views. Who's it gonna be? Time for some cocktails....Aloha.

No comments: