Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm back!




Hello Everyone and Anyone! I'm here. I hope you are well. So many things have happened since I last wrote...let's see if I can break it down. I don't even recall when my last post was, but, I'll give you some highlights. So, I found Samson the turtle a new home, in Clarkdale, AZ. This is a picture just as he enters. And really, I might as well be honest about this: Samson is a female. I found out late in the game. The name should probably be Samsonette. You can tell by the length of the nails on the front feet. If they are long and sort of yellowish translucent, they are male. If the are short and black, female. Samsonette: short and black. Nonetheless, it was much more filled with emotion than I ever expected. We've had a long haul, many states and it's been fun. I've always promised her that she would have a sweet outdoor pond..so, this is the least I could do. AND, she has roommates. 2. I think she'll be very happy.
After that...hmm, well, I hiked..it was Fay Canyon, and it was amazing. Check it: picture here. Additionally, I'm pretty sure I heard a mountain lion kill and drag a coyote. Very strange. Exhilarating even. We ended up high tailing it out of there. Then there was Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a great turkey. I sure did. It was actually a dough pouch filled with potato and cheese, commonly known as the perogie..my mother made it, and it was amazing. Wish I had a picture of that. And a plate of it too. Here is the lovely tree we decorated on Thanksgiving Night. In addition to having a great time with David and our Mother, they both crushed me in Scrabble multiple times. A lovely time also with my Gram, Uncle John and Rachael and Lauren. But, about this scrabble, I don't even know if I could put you through the torture of telling you the score. It might distort your image of "intelligent Jessica"...ha! I'll admit it: I think my low score was a 37. First game ever. Also, I must brag: I just made a 32 point score on virtual scrabble. Qualm. So, I returned to Lonely Little Sedona, work..to a back ache to beat the band. Doctor's appointment and all. Physical therapy next week. I'm going to work through this in a jiffy. Happy holidays. Love you cats.

1 comment:

Walshman said...

Glad your back. Sounds like you had an interesting Thanksgiving. We did too and Mike and Elis hammered Babs T and Walshman in WII bowling. Very similar to your scrabble story. Hope PT gets you better quickly.