Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday, Dec. 16

Hi everyone. Howzit? Doing alright here.. Had a really busy last two days. We tore down a huge portion of the brewery and packed it into a 20 foot shipping container that will be picked up and put on a boat for Hilo tomorrow. Unpacking that thing is going to be a real chore. There's roughly 63,000 lbs of equipment in that thing. Hope it floats. Things here look really different, it hardly feels like a brewery anymore and looks less and less like one each day. The weather here has been crazy again. It rained more than I ever it seen in rain in my life -- anywhere. Downpours so intense that you couldn't see across the parking lot and tons of thunder and lightning. It started raining about 5 p.m. yesterday and didn't stop until 7 a.m. this morning. I just looked it up and in the last four days we've had more than 12 inches of rain. That's like twice as much as I ever saw in a year in Arizona. It was cloudy and hazy today, but didn't rain at all. I am hoping to have some time in the next few days to get ready to move to Hilo, which takes place on Sunday morning. I am excited but also a bit curious as to how things are going to shape up for the first two weeks.. Not having a car or a regular place to live should be interesting. Alright, time to me to sign off. Aloha.

No comments: