Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Move Videos/First Days at Work

After working 32 hours in the past two days, it appears that work will be a bit more calm for the next day or so. We just finished up brewing two double batches. Both are fermenting pretty rapidly and should be ready to filter in about two weeks. These videos posted here are from the first batch of beer I brewed with Dave Campbell. If you watch closely, you can actually see small clouds of Co2 coming out from the bucket. I got up this morning at about 5 a.m. and got to work on some cleaning items inside the brewery. The place is looking good and ready for two more double brew days early next week. It looks like we'll be filtering a few batches of beer this week as well. Right now I'm living in a camper at work, like right in the parking lot. So, I find myself working constantly. I am learning a lot and looking forward to getting through my learning curve. The stakes are certainly higher out here and this brewery puts out far more beer than Oak Creek Brewery. Within the next few months, we will be the largest independent Hawaiian Brewery. I spent a good portion of today driving around the island, getting used to things. Did some grocery shopping and went to the YMCA to work out and swim some laps. I also looked at a studio apartment today. It was pretty nice, but is attached to the landlord's house. I'm pretty used to having some privacy, so this place might not be the one. From what I've been told, it's hard to find a detached studio or 1 bedroom apartment in Kauai. So, the search continues and I continue to sleep in the camper.

No comments: