Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday, Nov. 12

Aloha. Hope everyone is well. The weather here today was absolutely perfect. Mid-80's, light trade winds and not a cloud in the sky. As usual, I went to the YMCA this morning, did my workout and then started work. I did more tank cleaning, did some stuff on the phone, got a keg ready for a customer pick up and then made sure everything was in order for our distributor to pick up tomorrow. This will be the first load of beer to go out under the Hawai'i Nui name. In some ways, it's a pretty big deal. I have also been working on a SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) manual for our filtration process. I have about 10 pages of notes that I am working through, in the effort to get the official procedure documented. Headbrewer Dave Campbell is coming to Kauai on Sunday, and we will brew two double batches in a row. The last batch of the back-to-back double brew day is always interesting. We usually finish about 5 minutes before Dave needs to be at the airport. We're always keeping our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong. I am looking forward to the brew days, I am curious to see how much I retained from my initial run through. After I was done working, I went to Kalapaki Beach and got some sun and swam around for a bit. It's nice having a beach less than a two-minute drive away. It looks like I'll have some time on Friday, maybe I will head south to Poipu for the day. Poipu is about 13 miles from Lihue. I haven't heard anything more about when I'll be heading to Hilo, guess I will just have to wait and see. I will likely be switching my phone number to a Hawai'i number in the next day or so. So, I will send out e-mails and text messages, but if you see a phone number with an 808 Area Code, it's probably me or someone else you know who lives in Hawai'i . Alright, back to work with me. Aloha ahiahi.

No comments: