Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday, Nov. 15

Sorry for the lack of posts, my head has been elsewhere these past few days. I've been getting things ready for the next double brew days which start tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. Everything is pretty much in order, except for a few minor things that I will take care of in the morning. So, what have I been up to for the last few days other than work? Not all that much. I went to the YMCA both days, did some shopping and spent time at the beach on Friday and also today. I spent about 5 hours on Kalapaki Beach today. It was great until it started to rain. I waited the rain out, but the clouds didn't pass so I went home and proceeded to pass out for an hour. I also got my very own Boogie Board on Friday. Unfortunately, the waves have been super flat on the East side of the island, so I haven't been able to use the board all that much. I thought about driving up to the North shore, but the surf up there has been rough, according to the local surf reports. Check out the video of a cruise ship leaving the harbor in Lihue on Friday. This thing was huge. It was actually pulled out of the harbor by a tug boat and then headed out into the open ocean. You can always tell when there's a ship in the Nawiliwili harbor. Other than the massive boat docked up, there's people everywhere. It's fun to watch them run off the beach when the boat blasts it's horn to tell the tourists to get back on board. I wonder what happens if you the miss the boat? As most of you know already, I changed my phone number. I don't want to post it on the blog, but if you didn't get it, e-mail me at Jwalsh@commspeed.net and I will get you the number. I woke up this morning to the sound of Keoki the cat meowing on top of the camper. She likes to sit up there when I sleep and then look down into the camper through a skylight and let me know she's hungry. I think she's really starting to enjoy having someone around here all the time. The second video marks a pretty big day for Hawai'i Nui Brewing Company. Check that one out as well. I probably won't post again until Monday night after the brew days. Until then, Aloha.

No comments: