Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday, Nov. 18

After three days of island rain, the sun came out today and dried everything up a bit. We had a pretty big storm system over Kauai and it looks like it's almost gone. I thought I'd have a mellow day today after the two double brew days, but that wasn't the case. We did a filter and pre-washed some kegs in addition to the 5 hours of cleaning I did in the morning, so it was an 11 hour day after everything was pau. I picked the president of the company up at the airport today. He flew in to talk to me about my transition to Hilo. We had a good talk and it looks like I may be there as early as Dec. 15 or as late as Christmas. I will know more in the next week or so. Moving over to the Big Island sooner will actually be a good thing and will put me into a leadership position earlier than expected. When we assume control of the Mehana Brewing facility, the Head Brewer and myself will be responsible for setting up all brewing procedures and protocols and I will be brewing 11 different beers, not to mention the ones for the Japanese market. I am pretty excited and looking forward to seeing my soon-to-be home island and getting to work. I also found out today that we will be releasing a brand new line of Merchandise (t-shirts, pint glasses, hats, etc). I will send some stuff out as soon as I can get my hands on it. I am wiped out, so I will close here. Aloha.

No comments: