Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday, Nov. 22

I thought I posted a blog last night, but apparently, I did something and it didn't post. Oh well. Yesterday was pretty uneventful. I worked a half day and then gave three brewery tours, so i guess I worked a whole day. For the most part, the people on the tours were nice. I had two separate groups of people from Pennsylvania and one from Colorado. The tours here are pretty basic and consist of a 15 minute general rundown of what we do here and then talking about the equipment if they are into it. After that I pour samples and let the people hang out for awhile and answer random questions. It was raining, so I didn't have anything better to do. As you can see in the video above, we have a storm system over Kauai right that is expected to dump some rain on us for a few days. At certain points yesterday, we were getting about 1 inch an hour. Flood advisories are in effect until late tonight. I got up pretty early this morning, went to the YMCA for a workout and headed to the Super K-Mart to pick up a few things and get a new towel. The washing machine at the laundry ripped my towel up last time I washed it and in its ripped form, it just wasn't getting the job done. I headed back to work and cleaned our brew kettle and Mash Tun which is a two-hour process. I actually get into them and scrub them out by hand, then rinse them down and flush all of the manifold pipes with hot water. I also dropped some tank temperatures and got a few things in order for the double brews on Monday and Tuesday. I resume my work week tomorrow, although I really didn't get a day off at all this week. I think it's difficult to get time off when you live at the brewery. As such, I am going to Hilo on Wednesday for a few days to check things out. I fly out really early on Wednesday and then come back around noon on Friday. Right now, I am listening to a Phoenix Coyotes game on the Internet and will switch over to listen to a Wings game shortly. I think that's it for now. Aloha.

No comments: