Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday, Nov. 11

Hello everyone. That is if anyone is even reading this.... After a killer day yesterday, today was much more mellow. I got up and worked out and then came back here and cleaned two tanks and did some general housekeeping items. After that I drove into Kapa'a and hit the beach for about three hours. After that, I became a member of the Lihue Costco. I haven't been in a Costco in years and this place is insane! I bought a lot of food.. I mean who in their right mind could pass up 96 granola bars for $9.99 or 18 Veggie Burgers for $11? Don't even get me started on the 5lbs of Hawaiian pineapple I got for $4. This place is killer. After my success at Costco, I figured I'd better go back to the beach in Lihue. So, I did just that. The waves were much bigger and I got tossed around pretty good a few times. It was great. I also went and looked at a studio apt. for rent today. The place is pretty nice. It's the bottom portion of a house in Nawillilli, which is a part of Lihue. It's about 45 second drive from work and the landlords seem really cool. It's $500 a month and includes all utilities and cable, wireless, etc. Fruit trees (avocado, orange, mangos) are all over the property. So, I was ready to call it pau (finished/done) with the camper...... and thought I would let my boss know about my decision. Well, he told me to hold off for a few days. From what he said, I may be moving to Hilo sooner than later. Maybe by January. This is all very tentative, so who knows what will happen. Look for more details, right here on our blog. I love Kauai... I mean I love this island. I don't feel ready to leave. It's where I married Jess. Certainly the happiest day of my life. Being far apart from her sucks, but the fact that we were married here always makes me feel closer to her. I go to beaches we've both been to, I eat at places we've both been to and I always try to call her to reminisce. On the topic of Jessica, I have to say that she's a rock star. She's working like crazy and holding down our Arizona household. I can't even imagine what it would be like if she was here and I was there. I still can't believe I'm here. I feel soo lucky to have her in my life. She has been and continues to be my main source of support during this separation and transition. I am looking forward to the day when I meet her in Kona and we drive to Hilo to start the next chapters of our life. Aloha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a wonderful and incredible human. I love you to bits and tiny pieces.