Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, Nov. 6

Had a good day today. I met my other co-worker Curtis. He's originally from Honolulu and has lived in Hawai'i all of his life. Curtis handles a lot of the day-to-day operations of the brewery, like filtering, kegging, tank cleaning, etc. Today we filtered a batch of our Keoki Gold. The filtration process here is much different and a bit more complex, but I'll get the hang of it. Pictured on the right is the brew house, and if you look really closely on the right, you'll notice a shower head that was creatively rigged into the system. It looks primitive, but it's great to have at the end of a day or after a trip to the beach. Other than working today, I hit the YMCA for a workout and then went to the Lihue Mall to check things out and eat dinner. As far as a mall goes, it's pretty decent. If anyone needs any surf apparel, let me know...I gotcha covered. I just talked to my friend Zach tonight and he has a phone interview with Jolly Pumpkin Brewery, based in Dexter, Mich. If I wasn't in Hawai'i, I would be all over that job. Hopefully, he gets the job and I can coax him into sending me Jolly Pumpkin beers. Despite it's nasty weather, there are some things (my family, the Red Wings and Michigan Beer) that I will always love about Michigan. Why couldn't Michigan be an island with great weather and a warm ocean? So, who wants to spend the holidays in Hawai'i? I have room for one more in the camper..... Think about it, tropical weather, beaches, Mai-Tais and that awesome Hawaiian Christmas song. The reservation line is open. Aloha ahiahi ia oukou.

No comments: